Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Exhausted + Project Verse + Blushing

Sunday, I woke up to what sounded like projectile vomiting. When I opened the door to the bathroom, I discovered I knew the sound of projectile vomiting. (See Linda Blair in The Exorcist if you need a visual of projectile vomiting.)

Paul didn't get better as the day progressed. Around 7pm his fever spiked to 103, so I decided to take him to the ER.

Long story short: He was admitted. He wasn't put in a room until 6am. I didn't sleep for almost 30 hours. The doctors couldn't pinpoint what was wrong, so they pumped him full of so many antibiotics I am currently using his breath instead Purell Hand Sanitizer.

I am still exhausted. I wanted to go to a poetry reading at Outwrite; however, I don't think anyone would appreciate my falling asleep throughout the reading very poetic.

***************************************


I have a couple items to add to the Project Verse prize list, and I am still waiting for responses to a couple of emails.

I am almost 85% certain that I will extend the deadline for Project Verse and open the competition to people who have published no more than one full-length poetry collection. I received a number of emails from people who want to participate but can't because of the book publication rule. I guess I'm a softy at heart.

When Project Verse kicks off, I will dedicate Mondays and Wednesdays to only blogging about Project Verse during the ten-week competition. Tuesday will most likely be a day of rest, and I'll keep personal blogging to Thursday through Sunday.

Stay tuned for more details.

***************************************


Today, I received a lovely compliment from an editor who enjoyed my poems. I blushed after reading the email.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're keeping positive in spite of all your travails: hope Paul feels better soon.

That's a great line about blushing after reading the ed's note - more of those, eh?