• All entries must be the poet’s own original, unpublished work.
• Poems must address one of the following topics:
(1) Pride Begins With You• Two pages is the max length per poem submitted for the contest.
(2) LGBT Civil Rights
• Poets entering may not have been a student of the contest judge.
• All entries must be received no later than midnight on May 11, 2009.
• Poems should appear in the body of an email as well as in an attached Microsoft Word Document. The first page of the Microsoft Word document should contain the poet’s name, email address, phone number, and titles of poems submitted. The first page is the only page that should contain the poet’s name, email address, and phone number.
• Entries should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of :“*Insert Name Here*-- Atl Pride Poetry.”
• The contest winner agrees to acknowledge the Pride Magazine as the first publisher in future reprints of books,anthologies, website publications, podcasts, radio, etc. Copyright reverts back to authors upon appearance in the Pride Magazine.
• The final contest judge is David Trinidad. Trinidad will announce the contest winner by June 30, 2009.
• Atlanta Pride will split the collected entry fee money, 50%-50%, with the contest winner.
• An announcement regarding the contest winner will be posted on the Atlanta Pride website.
• The winning poem will be published in the ‘09 Pride Magazine with a brief bio of the winner.
• The winner will be featured at the Atlanta Pride Literary Event as well as a reading at Outwrite Bookstore & Coffee House.
• The winner will receive a brief interview to be featured in Limp Wrist, an online magazine with queer sensibility.
• Please note the contest winner is responsible for his/her transportation to and from the Atlanta Pride Festival, as well the reading at Outwrite.
• Poets may submit three poems with an entry fee of $5. Poets may submit an additional three poems with a fee of $2 per poem.
• Payments must be postmarked by May 11, 2009.
• Payment should be in the form of check or money order and made out to Atlanta Pride Committee.
• Mail to:
Atlanta Pride Committee, Inc
Attn: Poetry Contest 2300 Henderson Mill Rd Suite 125
Atlanta, GA 30345