Sunday, September 16, 2007

Dolly Night at Grass Roots Institute

Last night, Paul and I attended a fundraiser at Grass Roots Institute , which is the location of the poetry reading I hosted last month. I'm excited that this fundraiser was born from one of my ideas------It was a Dolly movie night. I supplied Ms. Aida, Grass Roots Founder and Director, with a lot of my wonderful Dolly to serve as decor for the evening. A $20 donation to Grass Roots enabled a donor to have wine, a meal, watch 9 TO 5 on the big screen, and coffee + dessert.

Aida and I decided this will be an annual event. We have not scheduled a date for 2008; however, we know it will be held in April before the season opening of Dollywood. I've already started planning the event because I hope to have a lovely surprise up my sleeve for Dolly Night 2008.

Here are some pics from last night-- ignore my weight gain, thanks!



Entrance to GRI...





Silent auction table.



Ms. Aida as Dolly!

Me + "Dolly" + Paul