Saturday, December 1, 2007

World AIDS Day 2007




Today is World AIDS Day.

Take a moment to think about all of the people who are battling HIV/AIDS. Take a moment to think about all the people who lost the battle. (Click here and/or here for pictures of the AIDS Quilt.)

What are you doing for the cause? Don't you want to help in the battle? Find a way to be assistance in your community.

Prove to yourself that you love yourself by using protection. Respect your sexual partner: use protection. Growing up I remember hearing the slogan "Friends don't let friends drink and drive" over and over. Yes, it is a true statement and so is friends don't let friends unprotected sex. When I was in high school there were a few times when I gave out condoms to friends who were sexually active, and I sold condoms for a quarter each to the people I didn't like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for bringing this to people's attention, Dustin. My very best friend and one of the greatest people I know in the world has AIDS. He handles it very well but the rough days are R-O-U-G-H. Its heart-breaking to see when anyone so valuable to this world must suffer.

Hugs to you, good man!

Richard M