Friday, November 23, 2007

THE MIST



Thanksgiving dinner was delicious. My mother outdid herself. We enjoyed turkey, green beans, rice, mac&cheese, okra, squash casserole, rolls, corn, and homemade cheese cake for dessert. (The corn, okra, green beans, and squash were grown in my parents garden.) After dinner we watched some of the Law & Order marathon. I could stay glued to Law & Order: Special Victims Unit for hours, sadly, maybe days.


After leaving my parents' place, Paul and I went to the theater to watch THE MIST. I was expecting to be disappointed with the movie because I often feel let down when Stephen King's literary works are made into movies; however, THE MIST was great. Go see it this weekend; you won't regret it.

I had two favorite performances in the movie. One was by Marcia Gay Harden as crazy-ass schizo religious zealot Mrs. Carmody. Her performance was flawless. Frances Stermhagen as Irene, the town's caring elementary school principal, was my other favorite performance. Irene has a memorable line that will have you laughing-- "I have more canned peas!" Even though I enjoyed the performances of these lovely women, I still enjoyed eye candy Thomas Jane as David Drayton-- yum.

No comments: