Monday, November 26, 2007

Variety-- Limpwrist to Work to .....

~ MM is the greatest; he's got some mad skills. Chick here to check out this page he created to pimp out Limpwrist.

~ Today, I had my first disappointment with the new job. When I interviewed for the new job I was told that I would have 2 weeks vacation. Now the person I interviewed with, who is also my supervisor, told me she is sorry for the miscommunication. In book it isn't miscommunication when you flat out tell me something then basically say you didn't. The lack of vacation time poses a big problem for me since I'm going to the Key West Literary Festival in January, which will have be off Wednesday to Wednesday. Another supervisor told me I could work longer shifts on Monday/Tuesday and Thursday/Friday to help with the time loss-- it is a nice gesture but when you depend on 40 hours a week it isn't enough.

~ Check Charles Jensen's blog today and scroll to his entry 11/20/07. He has a new chapbook with a fabulous cover titled The Strange Case of Maribel Dixon.

~ Paul and I watched the Hairspray remake last night. I prefer the 1988 version-- even if that means I lose some gay points. Michelle Pfieffer did an amazing job playing the bitch. Evidence below:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree about hairspray.

Collin Kelley said...

You need to adopt MM's design as the homepage for Limpwrist pronto. It's hot.

Lisa Nanette Allender said...

OMG! The MM pic--ol' George W. as Limpwrist, yes? Hilfriggin' larious!